Phosphatidylcholine/Phosphatidyl Choline Benefits for Health Supplement
Scientific facts about Phosphatidylcholine (PC)
What is Phosphatidylcholine (PC)
phosphatidyl choline benefits for health supplement
- Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is an important component of the mucosal layer of the colon and acts as a surfactant within the mucus to create a hydrophobic surface to prevent bacterial penetrance. It is a key component of cell membranes and pulmonary surfactant, and is more frequently found in the exoplasmic or outer leaflet of a cell membrane. However, it is thought to be transported between membranes within the cell by phosphatidylcholine transfer protein (PCTP). This has the effect of improving memory and learning capacity as well as recall. Principal pathway of phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis uses cytidine diphosphate (CDP-choline). 
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is actually a nootropic compound used to enhance memory, increase intellectual skills, boost concentration, and improve overall brain health. It is thought that its most benefits come from the fact that this supplement might enhance the production of Acetylcholine in your neurons. It’s known that higher levels of Acetylcholine are thought to improve overall cognition by contributing to enhanced concentration and focus and lengthened attention span.
The common health benefits of Phosphatidylcholine (PC) include:
- Improves cognitive performance 
- Enhances learning and memory 
- Can improve liver health 
- Keeps cholesterol levels in check 
- Can increase the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain 
- Helps people who have Alzheimer’s disease 
- Helps to reduce inflammation 
- May help protect against medication side effects 
- May help ease symptoms of ulcerative colitis 
- May promote lipolysis 
- May help dissolve gallstones 
- May reduce stress and anxiety 
- May enhance athletic performance 
- People report that it may improve sensory perception and awareness
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) helps support many of your body’s functions that range from fat metabolism to maintaining cell structure. There is also evidence that Phosphatidylcholine may enhance the immune system and help protect against infections and disease. Though it can be found enough from foods such as eggs, red meat, and whole grains, and food sources, supplementing with it can help you greatly when you age.
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) helps repair cholinergic neurons which are unique among cells because they serve two functions. Phosphatidylcholine is a major element of brain cell membranes and it serves as a storage pool for the choline necessary as a precursor for acetylcholine (ACh) synthesis. Phosphatidylcholine is important to increase choline supply in the brain. It can be broken down in the brain into choline and sphingomyelin, which is thought to be essential in the development and protection of nerve cells.
When Phosphatidylcholine (PC) goes into your brain, it works to build and repair new cell membranes. Phosphatidylcholine contains some lipid structures which are also present in your cell membranes, especially those in the brain. When you can ensure the integrity of your neuron membranes, it’s possible for you to make meaningful improvements to cognitive functioning and neuron communication.
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) safety dosage
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is possibly safe and well-tolerated when taken for short-term by mouth or injected just beneath the skin, or applied on the skin. However, it may sometimes cause some adverse effects. For example, while taken by mouth, it may cause excessive sweating, stomach upset, and diarrhea, and while taken by injections, it may cause irritation, swelling, redness, itching, burning, bruising, and pain at the injection site. But those adverse effects generally getaway over a period of a few days. Sometimes it may also cause gastrointestinal upset, like bloating, diarrhea, and nausea. Again, if it’s injected directly into a fatty growth (lipoma), it may cause an inflammatory reaction that could make the tumor more fibrous.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, stay on the safe side and avoid using this supplement. Consult your healthcare provider before starting a new supplement.
There is no standardized dosage recommendation for Phosphatidylcholine (PC) for most conditions. Proper dosage depends on many factors. The standard daily dosage maybe 400 mg up to 3 times daily. However, up to 5 grams of Phosphatidylcholine daily can be safe, though it is not necessary to take this high dose.
You are advised to consult your physician or healthcare provider before starting a new supplement. Your doctor will determine the appropriate dosage for your needs.
Does everything need to be cycled?
#phosphatidylcholine for health supplement
phosphatidyl choline benefits for physical and mental health.